TAKING OFF WESTERN GLASSES
December 2020: In the middle of the pandemia caused by COVID-19 migrants coming to Italy were obligated to do Quarantine in a big boat runned by the Italian Red Cross. I had the opportunity to work there 3 weeks as psychologist: it was a very intense experience. One day I organized a mandala painting workshop: men, women and children were drawing and painting Mandalas with music on the background. Art is a very useful tool to communicate with people without using words.
There was a table with four sisters and their father coming from Afghanistan and another table with men. Samir, an Egyptian guy sitting at the second table was asking me if I could bring him some colors from the table where the girls were sitting. We didn´t have so much materials so we had to share them. He was doing the same request the all time...
- YoMem - Young Messengers of European Memory
- MY EUROPE - Stories of belonging to Europe; European macro and micro stories; Learning from diversity.
Such licence includes the possibility of:
- Reproducing, distributing, communicating to the public, displaying in public, representing, carrying out and acting out the work.
- Attribution: anyone who utilizes the work must indicate its origin in the ways indicated by the author or the person who released the work under the licence;
- Non Commercial: the work cannot be used for commercial purposes;
- Non Derived: the work cannot be altered or transformed nor can it be utilized to create another.
Thanks for the participation!