StoryDeC – Storytelling to Develop Civic Competences in Young People
The StoryDeC project aims to create educational activities and tools, to develop social and civic competences of young people. These activities and tools will be based on autobiographical methodologies, participatory video and digital storytelling.
The choice of these methodologies is linked to different factors:
– the storytelling methodologies are a powerful educational tool to activate learnings, reflections, empathy, and enhance social and civic competences;
– storytelling through digital media is an educational approach that combines ICT and creativity, to actively involve young people.
Through these methodologies, and the educational tools and paths created by StoryDeC project, young people can:
– explore, in a personal way, the issues of participation and social change;
– develop, through the voice of other people, the knowledge of important aspects of the society and of the recent history at national, European and international level, to develop critical knowledge, and encourage active participation in the community;
– develop a series of key competences, such as the ability to create texts and narratives, the ability to use ICT tools;
– enhance civic and social skills.
The project intends to create innovative activities and tool in the field of civic and social education, and particularly:
O2 – StoryDeC Educational paths: The definition of some non-formal education paths through autobiographical writing and Digital Storytelling, for the development of civic and social skills of young people and the development of young active participation.
O3 – StoryDeC Game: A game, in digital and board version, for the development of civic and social skills in young people, through the stories of social change.
O4 – StoryDeC Training Module: A training module for trainers, focused on the educational activities and tools created by StoryDeC project.
O5 – StoryDeC Digital Archive: Creation of digital archive of stories of social committment and participation, created by young participants and by people of all ages.
• Italian Federation of Cemea – Italy (Coordinator) – www.cemea.it
• Stop – Stowarzyszenie Trenerow Organizacji Pozarzadowych – Poland – stowarzyszeniestop.pl
• ProXpert – Romania – proxpert.org
• ProIfall – Sweden – mexpert.se
• Real Time – Uk – United Kingdom – www.real-time.org.uk
• Cemea Centre – France- www.cemeacentre.org
• Storie Di Mondi Possibili – Italy – www.storiedimondipossibili.it
Project web site
- June 16, 2020
- June 10, 2020