My story is about my post-Erasmus, when I went to see my former Slovenian roommate on the island of Madeira. He was on Erasmus there. We didn’t see each other since my Erasmus in Slovenia and I went to spend a week with him and his German, Italian and Portuguese friends in Madeira. We were a group of young Europeans, of different nationalities, who met for a week.
This was after the last French lockdown, in May 2021. I hadn't been able to travel for a very long time and I missed it very much. I wasn't sure if I would be able to go because of the health restrictions for travel. I had to do a PCR test in France and a PCR test in Madeira to return to France. I was afraid because the result of my second PCR test arrived only 3 hours before my plane took off for France and I couldn't board without the result.
We can see the values of openness of Europe. Thanks to this, we can travel to another country and meet a friend of another nationality. It is like going to meet a friend in another city of your own country. European values are about being at home everywhere, thanks to the people.
The goal was to tell what Europe was for me. The idea for this story came to me quickly because it shows how I live with Europe: through travel. I just told my experience, how I lived it and how it can be useful for other young Europeans.
- YoMem - Young Messengers of European Memory
- MY EUROPE - Stories of belonging to Europe; European macro and micro stories; Learning from diversity.
Such licence includes the possibility of:
- Reproducing, distributing, communicating to the public, displaying in public, representing, carrying out and acting out the work.
- Attribution: anyone who utilizes the work must indicate its origin in the ways indicated by the author or the person who released the work under the licence;
- Non Commercial: the work cannot be used for commercial purposes;
- Non Derived: the work cannot be altered or transformed nor can it be utilized to create another.
Thanks for the participation!